Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Good Day

Today had been productive and fun! While getting ready to make breakfast my little girl came in and asked "can-cakes?" Her way of saying pancakes, which is one of her favorite foods. So after I told her yes we can make can-cakes :) She said to me "counter". Which is her way of asking to sit on the counter. So I pulled her up, and handed her the whisk. I put the ingredients in the bowl, and she started to stir. This is the way pancakes get made at my house. I measure, and she stirs. So while they were on the griddle we set the table, getting out the apple sauce and syrup. My husband came in and joined us for breakfast, where Lily stopped us from eating twice to pray.
Shortly after there was a lovely battle of wills about taking vitamins. Something that we do daily, she doesn't get a choice. After Brian left, I got Lily dressed, and put her hair up in a bun. She looked so sweet. Just like a ballerina. She then "talked" with me, and brushed my hair.
We mixed up molasses cookies, that are now in the fridge waiting for me to bake them. She also took the bucket of flour being out to mean that it was play time. So after dumping a substantial amount onto the worst carpet to clean. She took off all her clothes and jumped in it!
We decided that maybe it was time to do a little more work on her potty training, so after getting her clothes and panties we set off to do dishes. I looked over to see that she had taken the bottom rack out of the dishwasher and was pushing it around the house like a car. With canning jars still in it! So after putting it back I found out she had also hid my silverware basket, which took about 1/2 an hour to find. It was under my bed.
By the time the dishes were done it was time for lunch. As I was pealing her orange she stood next to me. Then she suddenly looked up and very matter-a-factly stated "I peed." Sure enough she stood in a puddle. So we changed her. Then she took her orange to sit in a box with cups and her baby doll, who I later discovered Lily had been trying to feed her oranges to. Sticky baby doll!
Well, now she is napping. I have laid down to read, but am now up. I am off to clean house, make cookies, lazzana, bread sticks, and shower. Company tonight, and hopefully a little more time to myself yet today.
This has been a good day. Any day when Lily is not sick, and is acting like a kid is a good day.

No comments: