Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I've Been Here Before

Feels like I've been here before

This chest pain, head pain, back pain

All over my body pain.

Hacking my lungs out

Can't breath

Can't speak

Can't function in this daily life.

Laying here cold, weak, and weary

Wondering why my body hates me so much

"What did I ever do to you?" I ask

Oh yeah....

I beat you

I used you

I worked you until you couldn't take any more

Then I made you push harder.

I misused you,

I abused you,

Until I couldn't push you any farther.

I fed you junk

I didn't sleep enough

I gave of you with out rest

Then I really put you to the test.

Oh yes....

I've been here before

More than a time or two

I've looked for healing

I've looked for relief

I've begged and I've pleaded

To Him who made me.

I moaned and complained

I searched and researched

I looked high and low

for the answers I needed.

The tube have stretched out my arms before

The oxygen breathing, machines all beeping

I've laid in wait for what will one day come.

I've tasted the pain

time and again

I've tasted the fear

I've wondered; why do I have to be here?

I've felt sickness drain my body

I've reached for comfort

For some understanding.

I've been here before, I say to myself~

But then again, so has He.

No comments: