Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Living Worship

My husband posted today on his blog Lucky Irishman, about our child in heaven and our child on earth worshiping the same God, together.
I want to expand on that a little. In heaven we will live a life of worship. Everything done in heaven is to praise a worthy God. My child in heaven spends his days living his heavenly life, walking with Jesus, praising an almighty God. His whole life consists of living in worship.
Our days on earth are full of sin, and selfishness, but aren't we supposed to also be living a life of worship? Doing everything to honor, and praise God? Now I know that in this life it's impossible to be perfect, but we are called to imitate the one who is perfect.(Ephesians 5:1) We are called to live a life fully following God.
One day all followers will be in heaven, alive, well, and worshiping. For now, we must do our best to live the way we will in heaven. Isn't that what following Christ is about?
I still have a daughter here on earth, and she likes to imitate everything we say, and do. If I want to teach her to follow Christ, shouldn't my life be and imitation of his? It seems to me that would be the best way for her to learn.
One day, when I am face to face with my baby I want to know that my life on earth was a glimpse of the life of worship I will be privileged to lead with him in heaven. I would love to lead that life here on earth with the child we've lost, but since I can't I want to be sure that I am living my life as close to his life of worship as I can. I want to be sure that I am showing my daughter a life of worship that will change her for all eternity. I want to live a life of worship for all my children.
More importantly I want to live a life of worship for my God, whom I will one day be blessed to worship at His feet.
What a beautiful thing it will be to live out worship in heaven (I'm a bit jealous of my baby for getting that opportunity before me~crazy, right?). Yet, what a privilege it is to live that life on earth, for my daughter to see.
What a beautiful thing.

No comments: