Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Pain is Never for No Reason

Yesterday, I met with one of the pastors at our church. I was dealing with a lot of stuff as our due date for our miscarried baby quickly approaches. One thing he said really stuck with me, "Pain is never for no reason. God isn't a jerk, he won't allow you to go through pain for no reason".
This is really simple, and yet profound. There is so much pain in the world. Sometimes the pain we go through seems harsh, useless, and unexplained. It makes you question God. Wonder why, and how he could allow it.
Yet, over and over in my mind all I hear is: pain is never for no reason. There is always a reason God allows us to go through pain. There is always something He is going to use it for. It's really hard to see that sometimes, but looking back it has always proven to be true. God has never allowed me to go through anything with out being there, teaching me, teaching others, comforting me, making me more aware of Him, and drawing me closer to Him.
I'm thinking, how different I could respond in life if I could just remember this simple truth. If I could just get myself firmly ground in this. How would my thoughts, speech, actions, and attitude change if I would just remember that God does not allow the pain in my life for no good reason.

No comments: