Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I HATE Being Sick!!

I hate being sick! I have had throat/ear issues for over a week and a half now. But Sunday I started really feeling run down so I took a nap and thought nothing of it. Monday I woke up and my throat which usually got better as the day went on did not get better! By the time I woke up from a nap on Mon my throat was on fire!! I have had ear pain, throat pain!! cold chills, fever (I woke up in the middle of the night the last two nights completely drenched in sweat!) head and neck both feel like they have been in a vice, and even walking to the bathroom was a challenge because I was so weak. Pretty sure I had/have strep. Yuck!
We had some penicillin on hand so I have been taking that, but only about 5 days worth (1/2 the amount of time they would usually have you on meds for strep) So I am also trying every thing natural that I have on hand. I thought I would share that here: Cold care tea, Hot toddy's, the whiskey raises your temperature to help fight infection while also burning the heck out of your throat as it kills bacteria on the way down! Grapefruit extract, also kills Bactria but tastes nasty! Pro biotic to replenish good bacteria and fight off the bad! Advil for pain and fever.....didn't really do much good. Zicam for the congestion. Hot pad on neck, hot wet towel on ears, and rest. Also gargled salt water, but almost threw up doing it!
I haven't been able to sleep much more than about 20 minutes in every hour for the last few days, but last night I took every pillow we had available and propped my self up. I hate sleeping sitting up! But it helped. It kept the draining going with out pooling in the back of my throat. I woke up this morning having slept a few hours strait off and on all night, my throat is still raw, but at least it doesn't make me scream to drink water! The ear that had not been hurting now hurts like mad...I don't really understand that. But at least we have improvement.

Tonight I was supposed to go grocery shopping. My husband doesn't want me leaving the house until I am a little better, so he is convinced he can do the shopping. We will see. He is the guy who throws lots of extras in the cart. Always junk food. Sounds scary to me.

I am trying to eat as healthy as possible to heal bodies and prevent more sickness. I am eating very limited because of the pain. If I'm lucky this sickness will jump start my weight loss :) I am not working out while sick....but I wish I could.

So breakfast this morning was: scrambled eggs~plain, whole wheat toast~w/ homemade pear butter~spiked with pro biotic, freshly juiced oranges~first cup spiked with grapefruit extract~second cup spiked with beni-fiber. It hurt going down, (not as bad as yesterday, though) but I know it will be good for my body.

Hoping to feel better soon. Hoping you and your family stay well!

No comments: